fuel sender 95 Ranger question

My fuel gauge quit working on my 95 Ranger 4cyl. I'm pretty sure it's the fuel sender/pump unit. What is the easiest way to get to the unit to replace it? I've heard it's almost easier simply taking the bed off/sliding it back, rather than dropping the gas tank. ????

And what about using a Napa, Carquest, or Checker after market fuel sender???

thanks in advance,

Gary

Reply to
Ropert's Aloha

Not sure about the after market sender units. I took mine to the dealer $$, and they tell me it's easier to loosen the bed and slide it back.

Reply to
I. Care