Fuel tank problem?

I have a 93 Tracer that has a leak from the gas tank. Whenever it is above

1/2 a tank, the excess fuel seeps out. I was told there is a line that is disconnected from the tank that is supposed to allow pressure relief from the tank. My question is where is the port for this line. I need to find it and I really don't want to drop the tank if I don't need to. I just got the car for $200 from a friend so I can do some engine work on my Explorer at my own pace.

Secondary ?:

What module would cause the tranny to stop going into Over drive. She shifts regularly, if a bit rough in Drive but there is a hefty jerk when shifting in OD.

Reply to
Psinapse

sounds like you need a new tank.

Reply to
jfrancis311

Reply to
Psinapse

Don't take this wrong, but I think your questions are best answered by a mechanic who can look at the car and also fix the problem.

Reply to
John S.

The relief port is NOT in the middle of the tank. It would be on the top. You probably have a rusted out seam. Get a qualified mechanic before you go up in flames playing stupid games.

Reply to
Woody

Thanks for your input Woody. I never said anything about the nozzle being in the middle. I know it is on top. A qualified mechanic told me that. I just dont want to travel back 150 miles to have him do it when this vehicle is the only one I have that is running right now, even though I'M NOT DRIVING IT. The mechanic and I could not see the port. I really don't want to drop the tank( just sheer laziness). I was in the NG and I figured I would ask the nice guys and gals here a simple question. If you know the answer great if you don't still great. Just don't start flaming me for asking.

Reply to
Psinapse