Funny noise in A/C

I have a 94 Suburban that had a new A/C system installed last summer. I've noticed recently (now that the temps are getting warmer) that when I've had the A/C running and then I stop the motor, I hear kind of gurgling noise coming from the A/C, like fluid is still moving through the system. I've opened the hood, and the sound is definitely coming from the A/C, near the compressor. I can put my hand on one of the hoses (which is very cold) and feel the fluid moving through the hose. This noise only lasts a few seconds. Other than the noise, the AC works great.

Is this anything to be worried about? Any ideas what causes it?

Reply to
Steve Lewis

No

Pressures equalizing between the low and high sides of the system.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Perfectly normal. Its the refrigerant that has been compressed, cooled and liquified by the compressor continuing to boil. All A/C systems do it.

Reply to
Steve