Gas Conversion Problem

Hi all

I hope someone can help!! > I've got a Honda Accord (99) which i had converted to gas a year ago. > When I drive the car in petrol mode, its fine and never cuts off. But > when I drive in gas mode, its fine for a few days, but then the > engine > management light on the dash board lights up and the car starts > cutting off. This cycle continues all the time and I've been down to > the garage where I had the conversion done, but they've got no > answers > to the problem apart from blaming the car for not been suitable for > gas conversion (which they carried out). > Anyone have a clue of whats going on with the car??? > Its getting to a point where the car has become dangerous to drive as > it cuts off on traffic lights when i slow down. > Please give suggestions!!!! > Thanks > Rouhel
Reply to
rouhel.ahmed

What code is being stored?

Sounds like it might be an air/fuel mixture issue.

Find out what the code is and what it means. That will start to give ideas where to look.

My guess is that when you are running on 'gas' (I assume you mean natural gas or propane) is that the mixture is too lean at idle so it cuts out.

Reply to
Brent P

Take it back to the shop that did the conversion and tell them they have a problem.

Reply to
John S.