Gas fumes 2000 Ford Focus

Bought a completely stock 2000 Ford Focus hatchback(Ztec 2.0, 5 speed)

3 weeks ago and now it has gas fumes in Passenger compartment, but not in engine compartment. Put new clamps on the rubber hose from the metal gas line to the engine. There are no apparent leaks. Right after I bought it I had it on a buds lift and was making all the rattles go away. Looked like all new lines, brake and fuel. Car is in excellent shape, no apparent accident damage, no rust(Florida). The dealer did replace the fuel pump and I'm wonderin if they left off a vapor return/feed line. I'm takin it back to the dealer tomorrow to see what they say.

Any ideas?

Dan in Florida

Reply to
danl

Recirc system.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Seems that someone, dealer or other, cut a hole in the floor under the back seat to replace a fuel pump and it was not sealed up properly. The flap of metal was bent to again match the floor, sealed and had a thin sheet of flexible plastic sealed to the floor. No more fumes. I imagine it was coming from the vent line, which I'm told does not suck fumes back into the engine unless the RPMs are higher. Anyway, no more fumes inside.

Reply to
danl