Gasoline cans, Blitz, out of business, where to get cap?

A bunch of my Blitz 5-gallon portable gas containers have the lousy spout broken (cracked around the center so that they now leak).

The company appears to be out of business, even though the gas cans are only a couple of years old.

The gas cans are fine. Just the spouts are broken. I never use the spout anyway. I just remove the spout and pour into a funnel.

Since I just use the spout as a gas cap, is there a replacement gas cap that you know about for the 5 gallon Blitz gas cans?

Reply to
Ablang

I believe you want this:

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I will try that with the two broken spouts that I have. They do seem to be "stuck" in, so, to remove the centerpiece, I have to "break" something.

Reply to
Ablang

If you see any REAL gas cans at junk shops, flea markets, yard sales.... Grab them!

Reply to
JR

By this, you mean the pre CARB "dribble gas on your feet and leak like hell" cans, correct?

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Google,,, Vintage Gasoline Cans ..I have about half a dozen of them.They don't have any plastic crap either.

Reply to
JR

Go to a Tractor Supply or many other farm type stores and you will find a replacement cap and spout assembly that is sold to replace "water can" parts. It is a kit with 2-3 threaded rings, a spout and caps to fit various "water cans". Since the companies who made/make blow molded fuel containers also made water storage cans, the parts fit like a glove.

I have a few of the kits as I have a few "water containers" around here.

Steve W.