Gearshift Location

Hello,

Just curious:

Do any of the new family size sedans, or SUV's have as an option (anymore) having the gearshift on the steering wheel column ?

Or has that totally gone away now ?

Any cars offer it ?

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Some pickup trucks have column shift.

Reply to
johnny smithers

A lot of vehicles are migrating their shifters to a position between the column and console: right below the climate and stereo controls on the center stack.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

About the only ones are truck based SUVs and the trucks themselves. With shift by wire they can put the shifter wherever they want. I'm surprised that many even have a shift pattern on the fake shifter these days.

Reply to
Steve W.

I prefer it to be on the left side of the steering wheel on the dash - as God intended.

dsi1

You must be from England!

Every column-shift car I've driven in the States I've had to use my right hand.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

its chrysler push button on the dash not accross the pond. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Kevin Bottorf wrote: "its chrysler push button on the dash not accross the pond. KB "

dsi1 should have specified that in his reply. Thanks for clarifying, KB. Finally spotted it in his attachment.

However, is there a vehicle on this planet that has a left-hand mounted column shifter? I'm fairly certain such exists.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Shifting a Torqueflite pushbutton transmission with your right hand would pretty much mean that you've lost your left arm in a coal mining accident or something similar.

Reply to
dsi1