General Motor's new two mode transmission.

My November 2007 snail mail Popular Science magazine has an article about the new GM two mode transmissions.They will debut by year's end in Chevy Tahoe and GMC Yukon SUVs with an expected fuel savings of 25 percent over the gas only counterparts.The technology's co-developers BMW, Chrysler and Mercedes will use it in later models.

I didn't see anything about the new GM two mode transmissions at

(maybe I didn't look hard enough) Of course the magazines are avaliable at magazine racks in the stores and also libraries. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

What's that? It you can switch between manual and automatic?

Sounds handy, especially if it also comes with adjustable suspension stiffness.

Reply to
nottoooily