Geo Metro Tune up info needed

I have a 1990 geo metro and I am giving it a tune up. To my dismay the emissions sticker with the data I need is gone. (the one located on the underside of the hood) All my manual's say refer to this while doing the tune-up.

Is there anyone out there kind enough to tell me what information is on this sticker? I live in WA state and I assume it is different depending on the state your in but any data would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Derick

Reply to
geewhiz

for more info

I used to own that car . . . GREAT car with a undeserved bad rep. You shouldn't need any information for a tune-up other than spark plug gap. Aim for .041, or as close as you can get it to that. Use *NGK* brand plugs, ONLY. Don't remember the exact size of plug off the top of my head, but any place that sells NGK plugs should be able to look that up. If you don't remember the exact time you changed the other ignition parts, consider replacing the plug wires, distributor rotor and distributor cap. All that shouldn't cost too much at all, and is easy to do with just a screwdriver. (and a spark plug socket, obviously) Again, any parts store should be able to look up the part numbers for ya.

Reply to
Eric B.

You don't say why to use NGK, for all we know, you could hold stock in NGK. As far as I'm concerned, any spark plug will work but I've always either stayed with the manufacturer recommended or a bosch platinum (the single electrode for $2). Never had a problem with any cars that I've put the bosch plats in.

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Chang

Nope, no stock in NGK. Just used to hang out with a lot of mechanics who really knew their jobs well. From what I've been told by multiple mechanics, NGK for imports, AC for domestics, Motorcraft (SP?) for Ford. Of course, with Chrysler being German now, I'm not sure how that affects the equation. But I've also heard that bosch is good. Just avoid Champion like the plague, and you are probably OK. :)

Reply to
Eric B.