Getting odometer reading from a car with a digital dash at the junkyard

Exactly how does one do this? Even if I could get a battery in the car, is there a way to get the odometer reading from a car with a digital dash with no ignition key (like pressing a button). Rumor has it that pressing the trip reset button might work, but I'm also wondering if there might be a trick to it of if this is even true. Is beats trying to splice wires.

Reply to
zzyzzx

There is not one answer for all cars. Your best bet is to ask the junkyard owner if they recorded milage before pulling the battery and other components.

Reply to
John S.