@#$ GM cam sensor

I was just wondering on any GM vehicle with a cam sensor, obd1--obd11, whatever, and you think the sensor may be the cause of a no start problem, by unpluging the sensor and then trying to start, the computor reverts to mfi and the vehicle starts, then the problem was the cam sensor circuit. The computor will try to use any signal the cam sensor sends even a bad one? But only if there is no signal at all does it revert to mfi on an sfi system? Correct? thanks

Reply to
jd

Dave Shepherd

I was looking up some info for a friend on a 91 regal 3.8L. I saw a TSB on a NO START problem, one of the procedures said to unplug the cam sensor, then try to start the vehicle, if the vehicle started and ran ok, the cam sensor or circuit was faulty. I just wondered if that procedure applied to all GM SFI models? thanks for the post.

Reply to
jd