Gm to suspend VOLT production

If there not selling, what are your going to do?

bob

Reply to
bob urz

Have government pass a few more laws, create some new regulations and increase/add taxes on the competition's products.

Reply to
Brent

Make a transitional product that is halfway between the product that isn't selling and a product that is, to lead customers into the product that isn't selling.

Use some of the technology from the product that isn't selling in the rest of the product line and play it up in marketing.

But after all, this is GM, the folks who have fought tooth and nail against technological innovation for the past 40 years. Considering that, just having them market the Volt at all is a huge deal.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

GM engineering departments came up with all sorts of things. GM's 'leadership' however is more like you describe.

The reason the volt got out of the labs even in this muted form is because it fits with political needs of some in government.

But as a product of politics it is essentially doomed.

Reply to
Brent

NB: I am going to refer people back to my posts of months ago about the insanity of a Volt....made by GM.....

I TOLD YOU SO, WEENIES!!!

Reply to
hls