GM transmission Problems

I have a 1991 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Elite. The transmission housing cracked one day (its the part where the output shaft come out of, there is also some kind of sensor on it). The crack went all the way around it, and almost split the peice in half. After removing this part, the inside has really bad wear from something. It was rubbing against it and eventually caused it to become so weak it crack. The housing part was replaced, and not 10 mins later, that housing cracked. Im lost on what I should do. Does the trans need to be replaced. When It cracked, I lost all of my trans fluid, as it all leaked out of the crack. The crack is wide enought to fit a quarter through it (in thickness). Please help if you can

Reply to
Rick

From what you describe, another trans., sigh. From what you state, the new housing cracked, meaning something is way off kilter [unless there is a falut in the housing itself, which i rather doubt]. That means something is cracking the housing, and since you state the inside has bad wear, I'd suggest bite the bullet, get another trans., if the car is worth it.

Reply to