GMC Sierra 1500 Pickup rotors

My 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Pickup with 60,700 miles had severe brake vibrations. I put it in for service at a very trusted repair center. He called and said my entire brake system was rusted and in dangerous condition. I do mostly highway driving and usually need brakes at 90,000 to

100,000 mile. This is my sixth GM half-ton pickup since 1979.

Rusting brake rotors and calipers caused excessive uneven wear of rear and front brake pads. I was hearing a squeal that sounded as though the pads were worn. The inside side of rear rotors were destroyed, due to a rusted hung up brake pad, that was dragging on the rotor. The outside of the rotor was rusted so badly the metal flaked off in chucks. The front brake rotors were rusted pitted and need to be replaced. As a result, I had to replace all the rotors, brakes and rebuild the calipers. GM should be ashamed of the parts they are using. My mechanic said he has seen this rust problem on most of the new style GM trucks. This repair cost me over $1800.00

My wife's car is a 1998 Toyota Camry with 250,000 with no major repairs. I was so happy with it, we bought a 2004 Camry. THE NEXT TRUCK I BUY WILL BE A TOYOTA!

Reply to
dstarosciak

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com :

Reply to
see-love

You paid a lot of money for neglecting your brakes! My 99 Chevy Silverado is on it's 4th set of rear pads and third set of front pads at 160,000 miles. The original rotors are now at minimum spec and will need replacement at the next brake job. I live in Michigan! Can you say rust belt?

The pads sit in stainless steel anti-rattle clips that have not shown any sign of rust in my regular brake jobs. Inspect your brakes more often and replace worn pads before your are down to the backing metal!

Reply to
anumber1