GMC Suburban A/C light blinks

The A/C light on my 1992 Suburban was blinking, so I took it to my mechanic and had the A/C recharged. The A/C light is still blinking. Is there a reset switch? My mechanic thinks the switch unit needs replacing.

I checked the A/C and it works if it gets juice to turn it on. There is no voltage coming down the wires. Help!

Thank you,

Kevin

Reply to
Kev_XR

Had a simialar problem with my 91 chevy truck. Could be the control head or the relay. The relay on my truck are in the glove box opening. I had to take the glove box out to get to the A/C relay. You may want to check the relay first. Control heads are about $150.00 new out of the box. I did call a few junk yards and came across one for $80.00. Hope it helps.

Reply to
brian

I fixed it my self.

I jumped the A/C to get it engaged and make sure it worked. Also, I wanted to stir up the freon. I have no idea if anything needs to be done like this, but the AC light flashing is a sign of low pressure and having it filled up didn't seem to affect the sensor.

The AC light still blinked, so I unbolted the battery. (reboot) When I re-connected the battery, the AC switch worked, no blinking light. This saved $300. I'm happy.

Reply to
Kev_XR