Good Deal

Hi all. First timer here (yeah I'm a newbie with very little automotive knowledge, so please be kind).

I found what I thought was a pretty decent deal in the local paper today. '97 Dodge Ram 2500, V10, 63k miles, new tires, automatic transmission, "excellent condition". Seller wants $9500 for it. Good deal?

Thanks.

:Bazooka-Joe

Reply to
Bazooka-Joe

That would depend on the body style and trim level but and options. go to NADA and check the value. You can also try Edmunds.com though I find their values to be all over the place.

Unless this is a fully optioned four wheel drive crew cab the price is high. I would expect to be paying that kind of money at a dealer for a truck with a warranty.

Don't know what you are using this truck for but keep in mind that

11mpg is about all you are going to get out of it around town. Bound to hurt pretty bad filling up that 35 gallon tank.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Maybe I'm just cheap, but that seems a lot for a ten-year-old vehicle.

Reply to
clifto