Grand Cherokee rear axle bearing?

My 98 4x4 Jeep Grand Cherokee sounds like the right sd rear bearings going. Any one know how tuff it is to get the axle out? . What I mean is , is it the type held in with a C-clip in the pumpkin , or is this the old Slide hammer till you fall over kind ? Any in put would be appreciated . Thanks Runk...

Reply to
Runk

C-clip style.

Remove the rear cover from the axle (gear oil will drain) Remove pinion shaft lock bolt from differential case. Remove pinion shaft from differential case. Push axle shaft inwards. Remove C-clip(s). Inspect bearing surface of axle shaft. Remove seal and bearing. (bearing removal will likely require a slide hammer and the appropriate attachment.) Install new bearing and seal. Re-assemble and fill with the proper lube and friction modifier if required.

Reply to
Neil Nelson