Headlights - high beams ok, no low beams

Honda Civic LX 1992:

When I turn the headlights on, the low beams are out on both sides. When I switch to high beams, they both come on fine. The bulbs are good - I checked visually - they aren't burnt.

Would something like this cost a lot to diagnose and fix? Is this an easy do-it-yourself job?

TIA Bubba

Reply to
bubbabubbs

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:298bb772-5a99-41fa-86d8-f3619f7f4d94 @v39g2000pro.googlegroups.com:

Assuming you've checked _ALL_ the fuses, and assuming you've tried to send direct battery current (briefly) through the bulb filaments to see if they actually light up -- the headlight switch (behind the steering wheel) is bad.

You can swap this item with one from the wreckers, but be really careful removing the SRS, so as not to damage the cable reel!

Reply to
Tegger

I wouldn't trust a visual test on a light bulb. They could still be both bad. Check the filaments with a voltmeter set to ohms.

Reply to
zzyzzx

If the light bulb is good, should the ohm meter show something close to zero/single ohms?

Reply to
bubbabubbs

yes

Reply to