Hearses.

Back in the 1950s, my brother and a friend of his, they chipped in and they bought a 1941 Cadillac Hearse.On both sides of the vehicle they used a paintbrush and they painted their names, right after their names, they painted, Fishing Wagon.

That old Hearse had a Lot of room in there. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I always wanted one for a first car back in '83, but my parents wouldn't let me. Back then I was looking at a '69 Cadillac Herse for about $1000.

My first car wound up being a '70 Olds Delta 88

Reply to
m6onz5a

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3173.bay.webtv.net:

Great if you happen to land a sturgeon I guess. They grow up to 9' around here.

Reply to
fred

Those old Hearses were built on one ton chassis.Truck chassis, I think.Hauling a nine feet long Sturgeon would be a piece of cake.Pontiac Hearses turned into Superior Coaches/School Buses.There is a Superior School Bus factory about 70 miles North of me, it has been there since

1951. cuhulin
Reply to
cuhulin

I had an old Packard Henney hearse many years ago. Bought it to use as a beach wagon. Those things were really heavy, had a lot of steel in it. I swear, though, there was a smell of those stinking flowers in that vehicle that never went away.

The KKK had used that hearse to terrorize the local Afro minorities. At least, we got it into a more reputable application.

Reply to
hls

I had a '53 Cadillac hearse in my misspent youth. A beer keg fit nicely on the end of the rollout coffin slider...

Reply to
ben91932

I once saw a website about a guy who bought a Cadillac Hearse because it had so much inside room he can haul building materials.They probally make good campers/RV vehicles too. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin