Heat

I have a 2000 Ford Escort ZX2. When the heater is all the way up and it's blowing out warm air, it still doesn't heat up the car. And the air is just that. It's warm, not hot like almost every other car I have been in. Also, the water temperature gauge thing on the dash never rises above "C." It can be the hottest day of the year and I'm running high RPMs and it still doesn't rise above the "C." However it does rise some after it runs for a little bit but is still far below the "C." I was wondering what could be wrong with my two problems and how I would go about fixing them.

Reply to
c_cook2007

There is a thermostat in the system that chokes off the water flow going to the radiator when the water is cold. Chances are your thermostat is stuck open and not doing its job. In addition to lack of heat a cold engine stays in "open loop" using more gas than needed. Definitely worth your time to replace the thermostat or get it replaced.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

If there is a thermostat installed it is stuck open ie R/R thermostat!

Reply to
Daryl Bryant

You can test a thermostat.Put it in a pan of water on the stove.Use a thermometer and watch when the themostat opens. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin