Help !1993 Nissan Pickup Bucking, hesitation:

Hi a buddy gave me his 1993 Nissan Pickup two wheel drive 2.4L to do an oil service, and change the valve cover gasket since it was leaking oil. With 144,000 well maintained miles, the truck ran fine on the way over to my shop. I did an oil service, topped-off all of the fluids, set the tire pressure, etc. I removed the cylinder head cover, replaced the gasket (Nissan Part) torqued it down, filled the crankcase, and went to deliver the truck. It bucked and puked, really loaded up with fuel. I checked all of the hose connections, vacuum and electrical, nothing loose that I can see and it really runs lousy. Any ideas here are appreciated.

Thanks,

Bush

Reply to
Bush

I'm with, "I'm with stupid" previous poster

I've had similar problems with almost every petrol (gasoline) car I've owned

So *might* be just that, and be a co-incidence it's while you've had it to work on

Unlike old carbs, jets sometimes hard to get at to remove and clean, but a repair can usually be effected thus

Take a large cloth NOT handkerchief, but an old tee shirt for example. ball up in your hands, with engine idling and aircleaner removed

temporarily hold ball of cloth overtop carb air intake and rev the engine up gently then ease off, several times, (use hand on throttle linkage) while temporarily choking the air intake with balled cloth (don't let the engine quite stall out)

This creates a MEGA size vacuum which will normally suck through any gritty bits right through the carbs jets. This system can be done for free, and on side of road if necessary, as all you need is a large cloth DO NOT USE SMALL CLOTH like a hanky that might concievably get sucked right in !

ALSO you can use the following AS WELL as the above...........Note that spray cans of **carb cleaner** can be bought at your local auto parts store. Use as per instructions on can, but usually you remove the air filter, and with a warm engine/choke off, run the car at a fast idle (use hand on throttle linkage while spraying down the throat of the carbs air intake, several good sized shots from the spraycan. Then turn off engine, and spray again. Then wait 5 minutes, start up and drive away (allows some of the solvent to seep down inside other carby bits)

I bought a can of this carby spray for about ten Aussie dollars contains about 450 gr/1 pound and gave my car several treatments, plus did several friends cars, one decent large treatment each (heaps of spray). My car needed several treatments to come right, but has been perfect for more than a year since. so a can gives you 10 to 20 treatments easily. And with many older cars fuel hiccups, one treatment would probably suffice

cheers

Spam-block in action

Catherine Jemma.......(Keeper of The Gem of Amara) Outback Western Australia .... snipped-for-privacy@agn.net.au.knickers

(Remove knickers before replying)