Help, can't find "check connector" on a 93 Geo Metro to set the Timing.

Hello, If the check connector is a black plastic female end under the dash near the stearing wheel then I think I might have found it.

How do I "Short Circut" it?

There are approx. 5 metal connection points also, and I don't know which two (2) holes I need to plug with a paper-clip as a jumper?

Will there be a definite noticable difference after it is short circuted?

HOW will I be able to tell for sure If I have short circuted the correct 2 points? and if so, will the mark on the crank pully jump around or sit still?

Thank you very much cause I have been looking all over for this info and my Chilton book doesn't say squat. Thanks!

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Virgo_guy