Help choosing a GPS

Hello everyone

I found a GPS that I want to buy. Garmin nüvi 260W 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator Does anyone know and can recommend.

Thanks

Reply to
Mr.mobile

We have a 265W and really like it.

Reply to
M.M.

A gal in Ireland was driving her car, she was following directions from her GPS gadget.It led her way out on a road which came to a stop at a Railroad track, no road was on the other side of the track, way out in the middle of nowhere. Buy a paper Map, it's the best way to get directions. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I got the 260 3.5 screen back in August. It is a bit of a pain to program. Instructions are lacking. But it takes awhile to get the hang of it. The Search Mode is a joke....I try the seach mode for a place like Disney World or Cedar Point and the hour glass keep spinning and draining and can't find Disney!!

Most times it wants to take a route that I know might be longer. So I go a different way and have it recalculate.

Once you have a map on the screen if you Press the + symbol it zooms in on the map and will give you more street names as your driving. I bought the Car AC Power Cord at Best Buy, but the GPS came from Amazon.com

My Motorola Cell Phone charger worked to charge the GPS up in the house.

I would say for the best reviews and people opinions on this model go to Amazon.com and search for Garmin Nuvi 260W, there are hundreds of customer reviews on the 260 & 260 W and all your questions will have detailed answers. There are both good & bad reviews and some from people who got stuck with a lemon or a post or two from someone that knows nothing about the unit and shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

Good Luck.

harryface

91 Bonneville 320,260 05 Park Avenue 92,153
Reply to
Harry Face