Help identifying brake drum

My dad bought a wood splitter my grandfather made. The studs needed replaced and to make a long story short I broke the drum while removing the studs. (Apparently my grandfather used parts off of a car or truck for the axle)

The drum is finned, is stamped "Ford Motor Company", and has the number "B61". No other information is on the drum.

The brake shoe area is 10 inches in diameter and 2 3/4 wide. The center hole is 61.66 mm.

The studs were on a hub flange that separates from the drum.

Looking online, the closest thing I could come up with was a 67 Fairlane. But is said it was for 2 1/2 inch brakes.

Any help would be appreciated!

Reply to
stryped1

62-70 Ford Fairlane, 73 Mustang, 66-71 Ranchero, 68-71 Torino 66-72 Mercury Comet, 67-73 Cougar, 67-71 Cyclone, 68-71 Montego

All with the optional 10 X 2 1/2 brakes.

The area that the shoes would rub will be wider than the shoes. That allows for the axle to move a bit and to compensate for minor differences in shoe construction.

Reply to
Steve W.

"Steve W." wrote in news:nhco2j$llk$1@dont- email.me:

forget it. your not using the brakes anyway. just put the wheel back on. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff