Help! Impala 2001 Aftermarket Radio

Hi guys...

I'm installing an aftermarket radio (Pioneer DEH-P30001B) in my 2001 impala. I bought a harness so the wiring would match up properly, and I have an installation kit to adjust from my old double din factory installed radio to this single din dash radio, with a storage pocket beneath it.

Problem is, the wires have all been connected and soldered, I've plugged it all in, but the radio won't come on. The engine starts up fine, everything else seems to work. What could cause the problem?? There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the fuses either.

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
Silent Assassin

The volt meter is your friend.

There are two power lines to the radio. One is hot at all times and has a very small fuse. The other one is hot when the ignition is on only, and has a larger fuse. Measure each with the meter and make sure they are correct.

There may also be a seperate ground connection for the radio. Measure it with the meter and make sure you have a good solid ground return.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I'll try to give this a shot, thanks for the advice. I'll update when I know more.

You think this could be an issue, even though my radio worked this morning, before I installed the aftermarket?

Thanks aga> Silent Assass>

Reply to
Silent Assassin

Who knows? Maybe you have the wrong wire in the wrong place. Maybe a fuse _is_ blown or a connector is loose somewhere. The meter will tell you.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Reply to