Help! no heat.

I left my Quest 01 today for changung timing belt, water pump, thermostat and coolant. Now after that I have almost no heat inside. My wife who picked up the car also said the engine temperature dangerously creeping towards 3/4 of scale despite it is 8F outside. I called the machinc who did the work and he said it might be dirty radiator. Before he touched my car heat was working completely OK. What can be a problem and what he could have done wrong? One of the issue to me although I am not a mechanic can be broken thermostat although it is new OEM thermostat. Salon heat is very weak.

Reply to
Sasha

Sounds more to me like an air bubble got into your cooling system while it was opened and needs to be worked out. I'd take it back to the mechanic and ask him to bleed the cooling system (might be a procedure in the shop manual, if you have one - I know there is a special bleed valve on my 944.) If you don't have automatic climate control, leave the heater valve "on" so that if there's a bubble in the heater core it can work out too.

good luck

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

He didn't get all the air out of the system when he filled the radiator. Take it back.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

It may be possible to install the thermostat backwards - that could be a problem.

Reply to
Daniel