HELP...oil in radiator fluid

I have a 97 S10 ZR2 with 104000K on it, and a 5 speed Transmission. Today I decided to do the oil change, a little early Mileage wise. After the oil change, I check all the fluid levels and noticed that the coolant in the radiator overflow tank appeared brown in color. When I opened it up, it looked and smelled like oil sludge. I removed the radiator cap and the Dex-Cool look very brown, but it still had that familiar DEX-COOL liquid texture to it. The truck has a oil cooler but I didn't notice anything different with the old oil, such as coolant in the oil, when I changed it. I change the water pump last summer and I put fresh coolant in then. I am going have the radiator flushed tomorrow or the next day, but I am a little concerned about it since I have never seen this before. I know that oil coolers and trans cooler can cause this but I have a manual trans and the oil cooler appeares to be fine since no coolant was found in the oil. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
Nyn001