Help! Replacing Speedo Cable on 4Runner

I bought a new speedometer cable assembly for my 88 toyota 4runner. The cable has a small bracket attached near the center, that attaches to the floorboard near the gas pedal. The cable itself looks simple to install. But the problem is, the parking brake cable also passes through a hole in the small bracket. So my question is, how do I remove the parking brake cable from the old part and pass it through the new part?

I would need to disconnect the parking brake cable from either end, and both sides look undesirable. I could either disassemble the parking brake lever assembly and then feed the cable through the bracket, or disconnect the cable way at the wheel end and feed it back through the entire frame. Both options seem very undesirable, although disassembling the parking brake lever assembly seems more palatable.

Any advice?

Thanks! Paul

Reply to
Krystonia5