Here's a new engine coming our way, maybe

Lightweight Engines Still Pack a Punch a WSJ article that says Bill Gates is an investor.....

Which leads to this,
Looks like a two stroke that uses a conventional arrangement plus a top piston connected the crankshaft to transfer power to the crankshaft and also as intake or exhaust valve?
takes a while to load and show the engine in action, Well see if this one ever makes it off the drawing board and into production. A video

FatterDumber& Happier Moe

Watch the rights get snatched up by a car company and we'll never see it again.

Reply to
m6onz5a

> Which leads to this, >
> Looks like a two stroke that uses a conventional arrangement plus a > top piston connected the crankshaft to transfer power to the crankshaft > and also as intake or exhaust valve? >
takes a while to load and show the engine in > action,

Never be built. Eliminates too many parts. No valves, no belts, chains, etc. Wear items at a minimum. Parts stores would go out of business, and engine maintenance redused by at least a thrid.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Reminds me of a low rpm steam engine. I can't see those long off center rods working at high rpms.

Reply to
Paul

In message , FatterDumber& Happier Moe writes

Opposed piston engines are an old idea, it makes for more efficient scavenging, but like all two strokes suffers from emissions problems.

Reply to
Clive