High pitched noise when stepping on gas pedal

I have a 1997 Chrysler Sebring with 120,000 miles. The car is my daughter's and I just started to drive it. I noticed when I am on a highway going greater than 45 mph, that when I step on the gas pedal I hear a high pitched squeeling sound. The sound stops when I take my foot of the gas pedal and gets louder the more I step on the pedal.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Plinn

wrote

Rubber duck like this one

the pedal? : ) Sorry, but maybe a brake wear sensor? They tend to behave that way.

Reply to
Sam Nickaby

I would have your exhaust system checked, its possible that it or the convertor is plugged or restricted.

Cheers, Blake

Reply to
DieInterim

Check your belt(s) and pulleys.

Reply to
Kenneth P. Stox

Does this car have a turbo motor? If yes, it is probably just the turbo.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

A slipping belt might do the same especially if an accessory has bad bearings.

Reply to
AZ Nomad