Honda is already recalling the brand new 2016 Civic.

Ouch.

"Catastrophic engine failure" is not good for anyone involved! Except maybe the suppliers of replacement parts.

The actual reason is that I'm cheap, but I think another benefit of my refusal to buy new (as well as avoiding the early depreciation hit) is that there's time for things like this to be worked out.

It's not that older cars never have recalls - rather that major issues like this tend to surface early.

Reply to
Jc Maxwell

Cars and trucks have so many computerized things nowadays, I wouldn't know where to begin working on them. I am a computer dummy. My old vehicles are old enough I have no problem working on them.

Reply to
JR

Or anything else.

You hardly need to qualify that statement.

Reply to
.

That is why I use my Asus Chromebox with Google Chrome OS connected to a TV set, I am really, Really, REALLY a computer Dummy. ChrisFix at Youtube has some good auto related tips.

Reply to
JR

connected to a TV set, I am really, Really, REALLY a computer Dummy. ChrisFix at Youtube has some good auto related tips.

And after lo these many years, continue to post nonsense (but has risible advice) but still can't figure out how to post a direct link.

Reply to
.