Horn Problem

The other day my horn started sounding for no apparent reason. I have a 1997 Cadillac Deville. The car was sitting for over a week and then the horn just started. The only way I could get it to stop was to disconnect the battery. There is no fuse for the horn and I cannot seem to find where the horns are connected. Is there a relay that might be bad? How would I check? Can anyone help me with this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Art

I had a similar problem with a Ford Tempo. The horn switch in the steering wheel consisted of two metal plates separated by a perforated foam rubber insulator. When the foam got old and disintegrated, the plates came into contact. I fixed it by punching a bunch of holes in a new piece of foam using the old one as a pattern.

HTH Mark

Reply to
Mark Olson