horn sounds when connecting battery

When I have the negative battery cable disconnected and then I reconnect it, the horn gives out a quick beep. Is that normal?

1999 Chrysler LHS
Reply to
Matt

I believe this is part of the Anti Theft system. I can't remember if mine had one or not...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Do you have a car alarm (hooked to the horn)?

My alarm always gives a chirp when I reconnect power.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Yes, it has an alarm system that sounds the horn upon intrusion.

But I would not call the sound a chirp. It is a loud short beep of the horn when the battery cable is reconnected.

Reply to
Matt

Chirp, beep, whatever. It depends on whatever noisemaker your alarm activates. Powering it up closes the relay for a fraction of a second.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I have neighbors who just love to toot their car horns, they think car horns are some kind of play prettys or something.Irks the hell out of me! cuhulin

Reply to
J R

Same thing happened when I put a new battery in and just hit the unlock button on key fob.

Reply to
edward.hiestand