How do you flush the heater core in a 1992 Buick Lesabre

Hello everyone,

My 1992 Buick LeSabre does not blow any heat anymore, (the fan works but no heat). The coolant levels are fine and I was told that I should try to flush the heater core. How do you do this? I know that I need to find the 2 lines going through my firewall, however I cant seem to find them. What do they look like?

Thanks for your help

Reply to
jeremiah_lindstrom

The heater hoses to the heater core are about a 3/4 diameter rubber hose coming off the back of the engine behind the altenator. You have to get a splicing T and install it in one of the heater hoses to flush the cooling system out.

There might be a trim panel covering a relay center on the fire wall - remove the panel and it should give you a better view to where the heater hoses connect to the heater core. If your thinking of changing the hoses be careful pulling on the hoses at the core connection points, they are plastic tubes and could crack in half, then your buying a new heater core. It be best to cut the hose off around the heater core connections if you plan to remove them.

Another reason you may not be getting heat is your thermostat could be stuck, there may be a broken vaccum hose or one of the blend doors or vacuums motor in the heater unit could be malfunctioning.

good luck

harryface

Reply to
Harry Face