How much can my truck tow?

1990 Chevrolet K1500 350/5 speed regular cab longbox.

The door sticker only lists GVWR (5600) and GAWR (3400 each front and rear) with no GCVWR.

The manual and the shop manual both tell me "ask a dealer."

It's my father-in-law's old farm truck... it's done a lot of towing, but I have no idea what it's actual towing rating was.

Does anyone know? :)

Ray

Reply to
ray

On average I'd say with std around 5000#, 2wd/4wd makes about a 1k difference, less with 4wd.

Reply to
maxwedge