How to change the light bulb inside the gear selector ?

The car in question is a 97 corolla with automatic transmission. The light bulb inside the gear selector has burnt out. How do I change it ?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

Reply to
buywheels

Remove the console and then remove the bezel from the shift lever. You may not have to do this if you can see the bulb plug without removal of the bezel.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

This is just a guess on my part, but you probably have to remove the console cover. If you have a storage box under an armrest, look for screws in the storage box, behind the ashtray in the back, and the front of the console.

Reply to
Ray O

I had to do this when I got my car.....hope you have a kid with small fingers.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity