How to Prime a Grease Gun?

Does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to prime a grease gun when it loses its prime? This is a perennial messy problem for me, and I figured I'd ask the experts. Thanks, C

Reply to
– Colonel –

Depends on your gun. My cartridge type has a bleed screw at the top and it has a T-handle and rod. If the grease is really cold or heavy I open up the bleeder. If the grease is warm, the t-handle will turn and push all the way in and pull back out easy making a channel for the air to come to the back of the tube and grease fills it in. Several repetitions are needed sometimes. I seldom have to use the bleeder screw, too messy anyway.

Mike

Mike Romain