how to remove wipers on geo metro - help

I need to replace the wipers on my 94 geo metro, but I can't figure out how to get the old ones off. There is some kind of bold, but no screws or anything that comes apart or off in any way. Does anyone have any idea?

Reply to
gregf

Are they held onto a stud by a nut (rather than a bolt)? HTH, s

Reply to
sdlomi2

You're right, that's probably what it called, just 2 black studs on either side with no obvious way to remove them. it's attached to a small "box" that has what looks like a little lever, but moving the lever does nothing.

sdlomi2 wrote:

Reply to
gregf

wrote

Sorry, but your description is not drawing a picture in my mind.

Are you trying to get the blades off the arms, or the arms off the shafts?

Reply to
MasterBlaster

Reply to
gregf

skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Youre "guessing", but your not sure, eh?

In that case its probably a little tricky to get you any good advice.

Any way, most arms Ive seen mounts on a splined axle and are held by a locking nut.

By removing the nut and carefully prying the arm up (in a little "wiggly way"), theyll usually come off.

If they have never been off before, they can be stuck pretty bad, in which case you may be helped by using a puller.

/johan

Reply to
Johan Olofsson