Hybrid cars no longer desired by US buyers.

The french did the same thing in WWII; although, the bags were filled by gasifying wood. As the bags were not pressurised, range was abysmal, so the wood-fired gas generator hung off the rear bumper. While not a great solution to the lack of fuel, it allowed a mostly unmodified vehicle to run on burning wood.

Reply to
rlbell

Damn. Appears they're a privately held company. Oh well, so much for investing in anything in the auto industry.

Reply to
DanKMTB

The one I like best was a guy in Europe in World War Two.He had a horse pulling his car along the road.A real hayburner. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

The Russians used this extensively in the east and siberia. They could go thousands of miles very slowly with no gas as long as there were trees nearby. I'd like to look into this more, anybody know a good site or book? Thanks, Ben

Reply to
ben91932

Look for "producer gas generation." When I was a kid I saw busses in the Phillippines run off of producer gas.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

How to run your car on wood gas cuhulin