I love GM's 24 hr test drive program!!

The subject says it all. GM stand behind it's product enough that they'll let you check out a vehicle for 24 hrs. and not pressure you when you return it. (unlike the old program of once around the block and into the high pressure sales cubicle in the showroom).

I applaud GM for putting this program in place and hope it becomes an industry trend!!

Reply to
davefr

I think it's a good idea as ideas go. "But" I also think if one does his or hers auto home work. They then should be able to drive a car or truck for a few hours and have some pretty good idea if it will fill their needs. I don't see a lot of people just driving 24 hours and this making them feel good about everything. You really don't know anything till you have driven something over many city and highway miles. ronm

Reply to
ronm

All the more reason to not cheapass down. Git the extended warranty. Respectfully submitted,

Loren Knighton Woodland, CA.

Under the hood since 1964 Member TRNI IATN

BACKNCARDR

The first time I looked into getting a used car, the seller I ended up deling with let me have the vehicle for a weekend, so that I could be sure that it fit my needs (He ran a garage and sold refurbished cars on the side; although, the vehicle belonged to his son, who REALLY needed to sell to make car payments on his mustang, so I may have been lucky).

Fortunately, I could get the whole gamut of city/highway/freeway driving, without going too far from home.

BTW, the shop is Byma Tires & Auto, in Waterloo, Ontario, and any shop that does good work, gives out loaners, and extends credit* deserves every shameless plug that it gets.

  • I cannot assert that they would do that with any customer, but they did when I asked nicely (possibly because I tell my friends about them and usually pay promptly without quibbling over the bill).
Reply to
Richard Bell

Reply to
ronm