I need cheap wheels for my 1999 V6 Firebird. What cars use similar ones?

I got my first car a couple months ago. My boss told me that I might be able to find a set of cheap rims, if someone bought a new car with identically sized ones and immediately upgraded them. My tires are P225 60R/16 and I have five lug nuts. Anyone know of car models that would use the same size rims? Any other ideas for where to get some affordable ones?

Reply to
PLATO

Your local junk yard should have plenty.

Reply to
m6onz5a

Sometimes, used tires places have some wheels.You might check them out too. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Look up the actual rim size, yours will be 16x? where ? is the width. probably 16x7 (just a guess). Then get the bolt pattern size. From there you can find out what crosses over. But, you have a GM F-body. There should be wheels glaore out there, you could probably even upgrade to the V8 model's wheels (which would mean new tires of course) relatively cheaply via craigslist or an F-body forum.

If you just want cheap steel rims for snow tires, tirerack.com probably has a package.

Reply to
Brent

Aside from local sources, Summit has some alright wheels too. Some steel, some aluminum. If you live in a place where you'll be driving in road salt, it's almost worth the extra $30/wheel to go aluminum.

-J

Reply to
phaeton