ID help needed on VDO Speedometer...reward

Greetings all, I have located an old speedometer, still in the box and need help IDing it. I am helping a friend clean out her garage and she doesn't know where it came from only that it was one of her deceased husbands old projects...

A make/model would be very helpful, make/model and year would make me very very happy. I'll send you $5 for your trouble if you can tell me make model/year..

I will probably put in on ebay if I can find out what it is.. Offers?

Here's the link:

to reply please remove OBVIOUS from email address snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.comOBVIOUS

Thanks

Bob

Reply to
Bob Pearl

Looks like a speedo for an early 60:s Mercedez Benz, 220/230 or similar.

My father-in-law had a 1963 230, could have been a 220, and AFAIK it had a similar speedo, although it had a kph scale as it was in Sweden.

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Tornblom

Sorry for the mispell, Mercedes spells just that, nothing else.

Here's a similar speedo on Ebay:

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Tornblom

THANKS!

Send me your address and I'll put a $5 bill in the mail to you.

Danny

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.comREMOVE

Reply to
Danny Johnson