Ignition coil GM Chev 350

I have a chev product with 350 carburated engine. Just wondering what the different wires are for that come off the ignition coil (the positive and negative terminals) - I currently have two wires comming off the negative terminal and I'm not sure what they are for. Any ideas

Chri

-- chrisg

View this thread:

Send from

chrisg

"Chev product with 350 carbureted engine" covers a lot of years and multiple different ignition systems. You're going to have to be much more specific.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Well, if he can identify the positive and negative terminals, I'm guessing that it is not a HEI system. That said, I'm not sure why there would be multiple wires coming of the negative, unless it's got one of those early Stewart-Warner electronic tachs. Generally the only thing coming off the -ive is the wire to the points. That said, I can think of multiple things that could be wired to coil +ive - modern electronic tach and ballast bypass wire being the two most obvious suspects.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel