Ignition module and coil. Please help!!!

This is a custom build-up, so I am working with scratch...

The engine is a 1990 TBI 5.7L. The ignition module has two electrical connectors on it. One is a 4-pin connector, and the other is a smaller

2-pin connector. The harness kit I got from Painless Wiring has the appropriate adapter for the 4-pin connector, but has absolutely nothing that would plug into the 2-pin connector. Does anyone know what this 2-pin connector is responsible for, and what I need to do in order to make it work??? Also, the harness has no connector that will plug into the ignition coil. The coil that I have uses 4 terminals, with what looks like either two 2-pin connectors, or one 4-pin connector. Obviously, I'm not getting very far without hooking up my coil and ignition module, so any information would be greatly appreciated.
Reply to
Joe Peters

I could be way off base here, but my Ford ignition module in my Jeep has a red and a white wire on that 2 pin connector.

The red wire tags the coil positive through a ballast wire and tags the keyswitch power on. (engine run position)

The white wire tags the starter solenoid between the keyswitch and the starter solenoid to give the ignition module power when the key is in the 'start' position.

I also have a wire from the starter solenoid to the coil to power the coil when the key in in 'start'.

Mike

Joe Peters wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain