ignition switch vs main relay difference

Hi,

When there is a problem with the ignition switch the car can go dead even after the engine has ignited. (I 've experienced that already!)

Can the same thing happen when the main relay is problematic?

I am afraid my Honda Accord has a bad main relay. After (if!) the engine starts, is it dangerous to drive it? Can the car stop suddenly even while running, or a bad main relay basically affects only the ignition process?

thanks michael

Reply to
michalis0