in line fuel pump for 1997 gmc suburban

Has anyone converted their "in gas tank" fuel pump to an "in line" fuel pump? Where could I buy such a fuel pump? How well does it work? It makes a lot more sense than an in gas tank fuel pump if it will work. Comments welcome.

Reply to
boxing

I would not recommend it. Those trucks had problems with pumps and wire connectors at the fuel sender. If you do it, the pump and wire harness end should be done.

Reply to
jfrancis311

Reply to
philthy