In what distance would a Bugatti Veyron beat that Vauxhall dragster?

You mean like le mans? They do that already and even a deseasel can win!

Reply to
Burgerman

'cos of the tedium... Mind you, F1 wasn't far from that a couple of years back, when I stopped watching.

I think there is some daft annual thing where people put tiny NA diesel lawnmower engines in balsawood frames with cycle wheels and then go as far as they can on 1l of fuel. Normally mentioned in the cheap press with '1700mpg british car wins endurance race' type of headline.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

An electric car, running on solar cells. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Tedium? That never stopped anyone. Hell, people watch golf tournements on TV.

That sounds like fun, actually.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I said I was done with this but thought I'd share with the world what I just found while clearing out my spamcatcher e-mail address.

Spaketh Burgerman in e-mail:

">> Its accellerating harder at 150 than the veyron can off the line!

Approximately yes."

How 'bout that. Yet another instance of you saying what you're swearing up and down you never said.

Reply to
Doc

Your post said straight line. No corners. Now we have corners?

Again you cut all the stuff you didnt like and are clutching at straws. The veyron is slower accelerating by miles at ALL speeds and would never pass the vauxhall at any point on the extended straight run that you asked about when you claimed it was laughable!

No amount of picking at the huge thread that you keep cutting is ever going to change that. You may worship the veyron in some religous way ignoring the facts as religous nuts do but the vauxhall is simply much faster.

Reply to
Burgerman