incrasing noise at acceleration

I acquired my 01' Impala used a year ago. At that time, acceleration was pretty quiet. But with time, the noise is louder and louder when foot on gas pedal. I mean the "normal" revs noise from the front (engine/around). Gas mileage keeps the same. Just the acceleration "sounds" harder and harder. Had the engine checked for a couple of times at regular services, no problem. Catalytic converter is fine.

What could cause this?

Thanks.

Reply to
Simon

"Simon" wrote

1 - Mufflers do go bad over time.

2 - You used to drive an overly-noisy piece of crap, and your ears were so damaged that you went half-deaf without noticing. Now that your ears have had a chance to heal, you're hearing the Impala's "normal" sounds.

3 - Winter's coming, and mice have moved into the fenders, chewing up all the sound insulation to make nests.
Reply to
MasterBlaster