Installation Of new cd player, Cheve Cavalier 1999

Hi

I would just like some advice please before I attack my Cheve Cavalier

1999 this coming weekend and install a new Sony CD/Radio player in the place of the original factory radio.

I have the following ready

Haynes manual Car Stereo E-Z Mounting kit Car Stereo Wire Harness Antenna Adapter New Cd Player

The instuctions in the haynes manual show the removal procedure of the original factory radio (unplugging the air bags first) but the entire dash is not there in the photographs before the actual removal is started . I hope I'm not right in thinking that the the whole of the top of the dash has to come off before I start the actual work :-(

Perhaps this is a bigger task than I thought it was, although still just as much fun and will probably take up my entire saturday instead of just the morning.

Look forward to any replies

Andrew

Reply to
andrew123

The whole top of the dash does have to come off. It is a simple task.

Reply to
Edward Strauss

Local libraries have online access to an automotive source call ALLDATA. In there you'll find illustrations on your specific make and model of vehicle, and be able to see exactly where all the attaching nuts and bolts are located. Jim

Reply to
gobroncos

Thanks for your reply Edward.

I'll have a look at the Haynes manual now and see what the deal is to do it.

Andrew

Reply to
andrew123