Interchangeable Parts

To illustrate the reason for my question below, I have learned that the A/C compressor on an 82-86 Capri, 82-93 Mustang, 84-86 LTD, 85 Marquis, 85-88 Cougar and 85-88 Thunderbird are all interchangeable.

Is there a book or manual (either in print, online or on CD-ROM) that lists interchangeable parts?

Thanks!

Joe Colella snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Joe Colella

Hollander manuals are used by all the wrecking yards arouynd here. They are available in print or via digial media.

Reply to
anumber1

Yup, Hollander.

I have a friend that sells them, if you're seriously looking for some drop me an email at njnagel at comcast dot net and I will see if he sells the newer ones (he mostly sells the ones for vintage cars via eBay.)

They won't be cheap, but if you do a lot of junkyard running, may pay off. Also check your local public library; at least one library I've visited had a set of Hollander's in the reference section (couldn't check them out, but you could photocopy pages of interest.)

nate

Reply to
N8N

Hollander's interchange manual. Every good junkyard has one. REALLY good junkyards have one that takes up a whole wall and covers cars all the way back to the 50s.

Reply to
Steve

Thanks!

Reply to